DCC has psychologists with specific expertise and experience in the eating disorders field. We can offer effective and evidence-based psychological therapy for the full range of eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge-Eating Disorder and EDNOS (mixed symptoms). Physical complications are managed in close collaboration with GPs or psychiatrists. Family members are included when needed in the counselling.
We can help you to:
- Change eating disorder behaviours such as restrictive eating, bingeing, purging and body checking
- Cope with distressing feelings in more helpful ways
- Think differently and change the eating disorder mindsets
- Develop a new sense of identity where you feel valued and accepted without the eating difficulties
- Overcome childhood traumas (e.g. bullying, abuse, losses) that affected your relationship with your body and food
- Address interpersonal difficulties that contribute to the eating problems
Please contact us to discuss your needs.